- World Chess Federation (FIDE) Candidate Master.
- Qualified and represented Maharashtra in Nationals.
- Only player to win Central Maharashtra Chess Tournament 4 times.
- First player of Pune to win Inter-Industrial Chess Championship 3 times in a row.
- Won several tournaments and won prizes in International Rating Chess tournaments and all India Open Chess tournaments.
Chief Arbiter and Tournment Director
- Officiated as an Arbiter in more than 300 Chess Tournaments since 1984.
- Organised more than 250 Chess Tournaments.
- Organizing Secretary & Chief Co-ordinator of India's First Super Grandmasters (Category 16) Tournament 2004.
- Official coach of Pune University team, which won All India Inter University Chess Championship in 1999 at BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan.
- Coach of Indian Chess Team in World Junior Chess Championship for the visually impaired in Pontevedra, Spain 2003. The team stood 5th.
- He was a part of Indian Chess delegation (official) in the Chess Olympiad at Mallorca, Calvia, Spain 2004.
- He attended seminars on Chess Coaching & Training, Chess Coaching for Children and Youth at Spain 2004.
- Shiv Chhatrapati Krida Margadarshak Puraskar by the Government of Maharashtra (2016-17)
- MAEER's MIT Krida Acharya Puraskar by the hands of V.V.S. Laxman in 2015.
- Awarded the Maheshwaranand Saraswati Award 2004.
- Rotary award for excellence in Chess coaching 2004.
- Honoured by the prestigious "ROCHESS" award for achievements in Chess coaching in 1998 at Mumbai.
- Awarded the 'Chess Idol of Maharashtra' in 2017.
- Only academy of Pune which was affiliated to All India Chess Federation.